Painting With Intention & Mindfulness
How to take a spiritual path
to Old Master artistry
I’m Kim Victoria, and this is a little about the origin of Painting with Intention.
My artistic growth was stifled as a child by well-meaning adult guidance of what was good and bad art and the right and wrong way of creating art, in-other-words, there were spoken and unspoken rules my young mind thought I was supposed to know before doing any kind of artistic effort and no playful experimentation was allowed. Thus I didn’t do any art for many years even though I had a promising beginning as a toddler. I felt intimidated, and didn’t want to disappoint anyone. (READ MORE)
It starts with you knowing YOU are important!
Most art classes focus on the very important aspects of:
• color mixing and harmonies
• fundamentals of creating a painting
and all of those are necessary skills,
However, very few classes focus on:
• knowing who you really are as a painter
• how to get to step one
• understanding the decision-making process
• the science behind the visual language - why it works
• how to consistently get into the Flow-state
• bridge the gap between the different styles and -isms
• developing the story in the painting
• how to emotionally stay above the “Creativity Line”
• how to get out of Artist's Block
• developing “Whole Mind” painting
• how to be motivated
• knowing your personal preferences
• be empowered to clear away emotional issues, such as 'not good enough'
and those are the internal skills.
Painting With Intention is being able to know, understand and use all those things most painting classes DON'T spend much time on.
It means being able to see, feel and think
like an Old Master of Art.
I am developing online courses to teach all these things and more. Many of my ideas, philosophies, methods, and how-tos are and will be shared on this site, in my Knowledge blog, and Facebook.
Please subscribe to my newsletter to stay informed of these articles and learning opportunities.
Currently these are the opportunities available:
Workshops - Single Session - Coming Soon
These classes will be just like one of my regular art classes. You will be able to watch from your computer, tablet or phone, learn the techniques, and then apply the instruction in your own space at your own time. You will be able to watch again and again, until you feel confident with the material presented.
Please sign up for the newsletter to stay informed on the upcoming schedule.